APC rally in lagos NURTW chairman shot dead
APC rally in lagos NURTW chairman shot dead Vice-chairman of (NURTW) also known as National Union of Road Transport Workers in Lagos State Samuel Kayode popularly known as Epo Kinkin, was shot dead on Thursday. get the latest jobs in Dubia
Mr Samuel was attacked by unidentified assailants when he attended the All Progressive Congress rally at the Agboju area of Lagos State.
According to sources, a gunshot was heard at the meeting, residents and crowds at the rally hurriedly left the hall.
see who is dating linda ikeji now click
The deceased was later found in a pool of blood inside the hall where the rally was held Jimoh Buhari, the spokeman for Lagos State NURTW chairman Musilu Akisanya ‘MC Oluomo’, confirmed the incident.
“He was protecting a fellow politician, Wale Yusuf, from harassment when the gunmen shot him dead,” he said.
The Lagos state police command is yet to issue a press statement on the matter
The National Union of Road Transport Workers is an independent Nigerian trade union that serves the interests of transport workers in the road transport sector, by calling for collective obtaining and pushing for social stability for all workers in the transport sector as defined in its constitution.
The union was founded in 1978, when the government of Nigeria merged together the following unions:
- Amalgamated Union of Lagos Municipal Bus Workers
- Ance Transport Service Workers’ Union
- Arab Trans Workers’ Union
- Benson Transport Workers’ Union
- Cross River State Transport and Allied Workers’ Union
- H. Safieddine Transport Limited Workers’ Union
- Hope Rising Drivers’ Union
- Ikot Ekpene Divisional Transport Workers’ Union
- Jam Iyyan Alhin Diraibobiw Arewa Northern Transport Workers’ Union
- Mid-West Line and Armels Transport Workers’ Union
- M/S Fawaz (Nigeria) Limited and Allied Workers’ Union
- Rivers State Transport Corporation and Allied Workers’ Union
- Tractors Drivers’ Union
- Trans Continental (Nigeria) Ltd. Workers’ Union