ABU Zaria PG School Application Forms is out Official guidelines to applicants on filling and submitting ABU’s Postgraduate application forms online
ABU Zaria PG School Application Forms is out
All application forms into the various programmes of the University are now purchased, filled, submitted and processed online. This document contains official instructions and useful guidelines to all candidates wishing to fill and submit ABU’s application forms online for PG programmes.
Applicants, their referees, as well as cyber cafe operators are strongly advised to carefully go through this document and follow the instructions in order to ensure an error-free completion and submission of the PG application form. ABU Zaria PG School Application Forms is out https://spgs.abu.edu.ng
All application forms into the various programmes of the University are now purchased, filled, submitted and processed online. Such programmes include PG programmes, Diploma programmes, LVT programmes, Sasakawa programmes, inter-faculty/inter-university transfers, special admissions and some certificate programmes.
This document contains official instructions and useful guidelines complete with sample screenshots to guide all candidates wishing to fill and submit ABU’s application forms online for PG programmes. Applicants, their referees, as well as cyber cafe operators are strongly advised to carefully go through this document and follow the instructions in order to ensure an error-free completion and submission of their PG application forms online. ABU Zaria PG School Application Forms is out
We eagerly look forward to having you join us to study at the famous Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
- What the PG application forms portal does
ABU School of Postgraduate Studies offers various PG programmes at Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), Masters, MPhil and PhD levels. The PG application forms portal provides a platform for anyone wishing to study at any level of postgraduate studies to purchase the application form, fill the form and submit the completed form online.
- Accessing the PG application forms portal
- Who can access the PG application forms portal?
The ABU PG application forms portal can be used by anyone who falls into any of these categories of people:
- All prospective applicants into ABU PG School
- All persons specified as referees by prospective applicants
- All authorized staff of ABU PG School, MIS Office, the University Management, as well as relevant members of the development
- Appropriately authorized staff of all participating banks can also access the PG application forms portal using a different module known as PayEazy, which manages all categories of fees payable by applicants and students of the University – including application form
- What devices can access the application forms portal?
The PG application forms portal is a web-based application that runs on the World-Wide Web; hence any standard desktop or laptop computer connected to the Internet can access the PG application forms portal. Some portable Internet-enabled devices, such as smart phones and blackberries, can also be used to access the portal though the user experience will be quite different on those devices. Whatever the class or type of device used, you should ensure that the device meets the following requirements:
- Any of the following modern web browsers is required:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (at least version 8)
- Mozilla Firefox 3 and higher
- Opera 10 and higher
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Office 2007 or 2003 to export or open and Excel spreadsheets generated by the
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 5 or higher versions to open and print PDF documents generated by the
- What is the portal access URL (address)?
The ABU PG application forms portal can be accessed by connecting to the Internet and going to http://forms.abu.edu.ng. Please do not add any “www” when typing the URL in the browser’s address bar.
- Starting the PG application process
Before filling and submitting the PG online application form, applicants must first create an account on the portal. Around the top right corner of the landing page (see Fig. 1) where there is Start Application instructions, click the ‘Create an Account’ button to get started. The account creation page shown in Fig. 2 should open.
- Creating applicant’s unique portal access account
Creating an account simply involves selecting the application and programme type the applicant is interested in (e.g. Masters, PhD or Postgraduate Diploma). The applicant’s surname, first name and other names (if they have that many) must be typed in as well as their GSM phone number, email address and a log in password. This first step for filling the form is illustrated in Fig. 3, for a candidate who wishes to study MSc Computer Science (Full Time).
Important Warning: All information supplied at this step (and at all other steps) must be for the applicant. Most applicants rely on commercial cyber café outlets to fill their application forms. This is perfectly okay and acceptable, so long as correct data is filled in for the applicant. A lot of problems arise however, when applicants just drop their money and data with the café operators and go away, hoping that the café operators will fill in the data correctly. But our statistics have shown that majority of applicants who just drop their data with somebody to fill for them often end up having wrong or incomplete data filled for them – thus instantly disqualifying them from being considered for admission.
Applicants are strongly advised to always, always stay with whoever is filling their data for them and ensure that their data is filled correctly and completely. Neither ABU PG School nor the ABU Portal Development Team shall be held liable for failure of any applicant to submit correct and complete data.
We emphasize once more that:
- The email supplied must be that of the applicant, not that of the person helping the applicant to fill the form. The email supplied here is what the applicant will use to login to the portal subsequently. The portal will also always use that email to automatically communicate with the applicant as the admission is being processed; and it can never be changed once submitted. Applicants who do not have working emails are advised to reactivate their email accounts or open a new one before coming to create an account on the
- The GSM phone number supplied must be that of the applicant, not that of the person helping the applicant to fill the form. The portal will always use that GSM phone number to send automatic SMS alerts to the applicant right from after the account is created to when payment is made at the bank to when the applicant is offered admission and so on. Supplying someone else’s phone number means the applicant’s information will always be sent to someone else!
- Finally, all information entered at the account creation stage cannot be changed once Please double-check the programme selected, name spellings, phone number and email before you push the ‘Create Account’ button!
- Applicant’s unique Transaction ID and paying at the bank
Once the account creation page is correctly filled and the account is successfully created, the portal displays a ‘Bank Payment Slip’ page which contains a unique Transaction ID for the applicant as well as information about the type of form the applicant is purchasing and the amount they are to pay for the form. Fig. 4 shows these details for our sample applicant in this guide:
To print the Bank Payment Slip click the ‘Preview and Print Transaction Slip’ button; after which the applicant should proceed to any of the banks listed on the landing page of the portal and make payment. The bank staff will provide the account number and account name to the applicant at the point of payment. Please note that apart from the N10,000.00 form fee, the bank will charge a certain token amount as bank administrative charges. The amount charged may range from N200.00 to N500.00.
It will be noticed from Fig. 4 that there are ten other tab options after the Bank Payment Slip page (Biodata, O-Levels, A-Levels, Employments, and so on). Applicants can continue on to those other tabs only after making payment at any of the designated banks. Any attempt to go to any of those tabs without making payment will be automatically checkmated by the portal; pay; hence you will still not be able to continue filling your application form. This is purely a matter of bank policy or logistic expediency; and applicants may sometimes need to wait for up to 48 hours after payment before they will be able to proceed with their application.
For applicants who are resident outside Nigeria, you may have to make arrangements with someone in Nigeria to help you make the payment; as the portal currently does not support international payment transactions.
- Continuing with the PG application after payment
Once applicants have made payment for the form at any of the designated banks listed on the portal’s home page, they can return to the portal and log in to continue with their application. For the user name, they should type the e-mail address supplied at the time of creating their account on the portal; and also type the password they supplied then and click the Login button as shown in Fig. 6:
Fig. 6: You can log back onto the portal at any time by typing your user name (e-mail) and portal account password.
The biodata page requires the applicant to type such basic information as gender, date of birth, place of birth, nationality and so on. The applicant’s passport photo may also be uploaded at this time. Fig. 7 illustrates the entries for our sample applicant
Fig. 7: Supply applicant’s basic biodata information as required and click ‘Save & Continue’ button.
Applicants are strongly advised to review all information they have entered on each tab before submitting the form finally. Once the form is finally submitted, applicants may no longer be able to make changes to their form.
Fig. 18: Check the declaration box and click ‘Submit Finally’ button to finish your application.
Upon clicking the ‘Submit Finally’ button, the applicant will receive an SMS confirmation message and the completed form will be displayed in a printable version which the applicant is encouraged to print and keep.
- Filling details of applicant’s O-Levels qualifications
This is where applicants should enter their O-Level results. A maximum of two sittings are allowed. In any case, applicants must enter a minimum of five subjects in their O-levels, otherwise they shall not be able to submit the form at the final stage. Fig. 8 illustrates the O- level entries for our sample applicant (he has only one sitting in this case).
IMPORTANT: Applicants who have their first degree or other post-secondary school qualifications from schools other than ABU Zaria are to request their former schools to send official transcripts of their academic records to The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria – Nigeria within the shortest time possible.
- Monitoring application status after submission
After submitting the form finally, applicants can always log in to the portal at any time to check their admission status. Upon logging in, applicants will be taken to their completed form and they will be able to clearly see their admission status at the top of the page where their information begins, as shown in Fig. 19.
- Filling details of applicant’s A-Levels qualifications
The A-Levels tab enables applicants to enter details of all qualifications they have obtained after secondary school O-Levels. These include IJMB, NCE, ND, HND, first degree and all other academic qualifications obtained before the current one they wish to apply for. For PhD applicants, a minimum M.Sc. CGPA of 3.0 is required. Details of A-Level qualifications can be added one at a time. Fig. 9 illustrates the A-Level entries for our sample applicant (he has three a-level qualifications in this case).
- Contacting the University for enquiries concerning your PG application
All questions, requests, complaints or suggestions concerning the ABU PG eForms Portal should be directed to any of the following channels:
- +234 (0) 8026600710
- +234 (0) 7067430539
- +234 (0) 7067430531
- +234 (0) 7067430512
Please note, however, that the support phone lines are open from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM Mondays to Fridays only. Any call made outside of the specified day and time range will not be answered.
*** END OF ABU PG APPLICATION FORMS MANUAL ***