UNIPORT ADMISSION INTO GRADUATE PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2021/2022 SESSION
UNIPORT ADMISSION INTO GRADUATE PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2021/2022 SESSION Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Graduate Programmes of the University of Port Harcourt for the 2021/2022 academic session.
- Programmes are available in all Faculties for the PGD, Master’s and Doctoral Degrees in the various disciplines on offer.
UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT
SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES
ADMISSION INTO GRADUATE PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2021/2022 SESSION
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- The Application Fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15, 000:00) only should be paid online at any of the following Banks: U&C Microfinance Bank, UBA, Fidelity Bank, Access Bank, Eco Bank, First Bank and Sterling Bank.
ABU ZARIA PG PROGRAMMES CLICK TO READ
- It is mandatory for every candidate to pay the sum of Seven Thousand Naira (7,000:00) only for Prospectus in U&C Microfinance Bank Ltd, Choba with Account Number 1528000068.
Candidates should also visit uniportsgs.website to download the Application Forms after payment.
Please note that payment for Application Forms does not guarantee admission and the application fee is non-refundable
- The sale of Application Forms shall end on Friday, December 31, 2021.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
All candidates are required to possess a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics to be eligible for admission into the programmes. However, candidates who obtained their O’ Level Certificates before 2012 without a credit pass in Mathematics and wish to gain admission into the following Faculties are eligible to apply:
Faculty of Humanities
All Departments in the Faculty of Humanities.
Faculty of Education
All Departments in the Faculty of Education.
Faculty of Social Sciences
All Departments in the Faculty of Social Sciences, except the Department of Economics.
The minimum requirement for the Postgraduate Diploma Programmes is a Bachelor’s Degree in related disciplines. Candidates must possess at least, a Second Class Honours Degree or Third Class in the related discipline. For HND holders, a minimum of Upper Credit is acceptable in the relevant Departments.
For the Postgraduate Diploma in Chemistry (PGDC) Programme, candidates with Third Class Degree need not apply.
MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES
Candidates must possess, at least, a Second Class Honours Degree of the University of Port Harcourt or any recognised University, in the relevant disciplines.
Candidates for the Master’s in Education must have obtained a First Degree in another field, and in addition, a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) with, at least, an Upper Credit classification. Candidates for the MBA Programme must possess a strong quantitative background. Candidates with PGD must have a CGPA of 3.50 to register for the Master’s Degree in the relevant fields.
Generally, for the PhD Programmes, candidates should possess a Master’s Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 or its equivalent grade in the relevant discipline at the Master’s level depending on the Department. Admission will be based on interview performance, while PhD involves qualifying examination and course work.
(A) Candidates must either be graduates of Medicine (MBBS) of the University of Port Harcourt for not less than five (5) years or confirmed and experienced academic staff of the University with Medical Degrees of other recognised universities.
(B) In addition to the above, candidates must possess either recognised professional qualifications at the Fellowship level or, at least, an MSc Degree of a recognised university, after the MBBS degree.
ENCLOSURES TO ACCOMPANY THE SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATION FORMS
Duly completed Application Forms should be accompanied by two copies of the following documents:
- Degree/Postgraduate Diploma Certificate (as applicable)
- NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate
- O’Level Certificate
- Birth Certificate/Affidavit of Age Declaration
- Marriage Certificate/Newspaper Publication of Change of Name (where applicable)
- Local Government Identification Letter and
- Receipts of payment for the Application Forms.
For further inquiries, please contact the following between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm from Mondays through Fridays:
The Graduate Studies Officer
School of Graduate Studies
University of Port Harcourt
University of Port Harcourt Liaison Office
No. 6, Harare Street
Wuse Zone 6
University of Port Harcourt Liaison Office
No. 23, Bush Street, Okupe Street
MRS JOYCE TAMUNO