Vacancy Manager – 3PL Expansion at Jumia Nigeria Jumia is Africa’s largest internet ONLINE company, which has employed over 3,000 people across more than 20 African nations and boasting enormous accomplishments such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, and Jumia Services. It is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs, and CdC and is directed by top qualified individuals who offer a wonderful combination of local and international capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – 3PL Expansion – Jumia
Employment Type: Full-time
Vacancy Manager – 3PL Expansion at Jumia Nigeria
- The 3PL expansion manager will engage in a fully end to end perspective into the business of Jumia Services, and will be in charge of expanding and improving Jumia’s 3PL market place across First Mile, Transportation, last mile Physical goods and On Demand services.
- 3PL expansion manager will support the growth Third-Party Logistics (3PL) and ensure we always have enough supply to cater to the demand.
3PL Expansion and On boarding:
- Build a pitch deck for different functions where 3PL are required.
- Create full year expansion plan and set weekly, monthly, quarterly targets and publish planned vs actuals.
- Train and coach the team of associates to execute the on boarding plan.
- Identify and define the critical capabilities needed to support Jumia’s Supply Chain strategies and ensure enough 3PLs are there cover the needs.
- Lead the lead generation, conversion and onboarding funnel.
- Conduct role plays and focused group discussions with 3PLs.
- To prepare and evaluate the onboarding of 3PLs at an individual level.
- Own onboarding new 3PLs into the Jumia ecosystem including:
- First Mile
- Middle Mile/ transportation
- Last mile delivery- Physical goods and on-demand delivery
- Any other as per business requirement.
- Reduce lead generation to onboarding time and solve 3PL issues during this stage.
- Ensure 100% compliance to internal process of KYC, Contracts etc.
- Negotiate best prices with 3PLs in line with the payment structure defined.
3PL Onboarding flow:
- Define rules of engagement and Identify your exact needs and establish clear goals and objectives with 3PL and internal teams.
- Roll out various initiatives for 3PL onboarding via Facebook, instagram, and other channels.
- Track and maintain feedback on the onboarding experience of 3PL Partners.
- Get the most out of your partners involved with strategic conversations and long-term planning.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university; Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- 5 years minimum experience, preferably in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment with a strong focus on logistics or alternatives supply chain.
- Clear understanding of Transportation Logistics network management, Retail or Customer Service processes and priorities.
- You are highly goal driven, use project management skills and work well in fast paced environments.
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred. Excel skills required.
- Experience in strategy and complex network management.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interest and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online