Semi – Automatic Welding Specialist NNPC
Semi – Automatic Welding Specialist NNPC The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is building a 40″ x 614km gas pipeline and stations between Ajaokuta and Kaduna-Kano (AKK). The Trans-Nigerian Gas Pipeline Network includes the AKK Pipeline. Brentex CPP Limited was awarded the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction of the Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano (AKK) Gas Pipeline and Stations Project, which covers a distance of around 318.66 km of the Trans Nigeria Gas Pipeline and stations.
As an equal opportunity employer, Brentex CPP Limited welcomes applications for the position below to serve on the Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano (AKK) Gas Pipeline Project (Segment 2) Operation:
Job Title: Semi – Automatic Welding Specialist
Locations: Abuja (FCT) and Kaduna
- Read blueprints and drawings and taking measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Set tip components for welding according to specifications.
- Welds metal parts together using both gas [Welder GasI or brazing [Brazer, Assembler] any combination of arc processes [Welder Ard.
- Perform related tasks, like thermal cutting grinding.
- May locate and repair cracks in industrial enne cylinder heads using inspection equipment gas torch, and be desnated Repairer, Cylinder Heads.
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Weld components using manual or sen-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal, or overhead).
- Repair machinery arid other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- SMAW-flat, vertical,horizontal,and over head positions.
- FCAW gas-shielded aol self-shielded wire – flat, vertical, honzontal, and overhead positions.
- Oxy / acetyleneorory / polypropylene work.
Required Certification & Course of Study
- Higher National Diploma / B.Tech / B.Eng. in Engineering or Physical Sciences.
- National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB)
- City & Guild Level 3.
- ASNI certification
- AW Scertiftcationl CSWlP or its equivant
- Years of Experience: 8 years
- Ability to interpret drawings and weld symbols per AWS A2.4.
- Knowledge of AWS 01.1, D1.6, 012 and ASME B313 fabrications and welding requirements.
- Proven work experience in similar job.
Application Closing Date
1st January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.