Oando Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment 3 Positions 2022
Oando Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment 3 Positions 2022 Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
1.) Vice President, Opportunity Maturation and New Ventures (Oando Clean Energy)
2.) Business Analyst (Oando Clean Energy)
3.) Digital Communications Associate
Application Closing Date
Oando Plc Recruitment for Vice President, Opportunity Maturation and New Ventures (Oando Clean Energy)
Oando Plc has a rich history as one of Africa’s top integrated energy solutions providers. The Nigeria Stock Exchange is its principal listing, and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange is its secondary listing. Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion, and Professionalism are common values (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice President, Opportunity Maturation and New Ventures (Oando Clean Energy)
Location: Lagos (On-site)
Job Type: Full-time
Oando PLC, Nigeria’s premier energy solutions provider, is expanding its energy business portfolio by forming Oando Clean Energy Limited, a renewable energy company (OCEL). Our goal is to achieve carbon neutrality by utilizing green and renewable energy sources to meet the continent’s energy needs.
We think that energy availability is the key to bridging the gap between Africa’s underdevelopment and its full potential, and our goal is to use geothermal, solar, waste, wind, biofuels, and other sustainable ‘bricks’ to help people improve their lives and livelihoods.
As a result, we’re searching for a Vice President of Opportunity Maturation and New Ventures to join our team (VP, OM & NV). The VP, OM & NV will use strategic and human-centric design thinking to analyze existing business models, make required changes, and apply them to the creation of new business opportunities for the company.
The VP, OM & NV will provide strategic leadership and execution across the following work streams;
Opportunity Discovery & Development:
- Explore new markets and business models through industry and historical trends, forward looking forecasts, competitive assessment, and build/evaluate recommendations for strategic growth.
- Develop conceptual framework for Opportunity Development Process spanning idea generation, business concept design, market testing, business planning and development, pilot testing & optimization, Go-No Go review and New Venture Go live.
- Identify and assess the viability of new business opportunities, strategic initiatives, and profit optimization.
- Translate the vision and strategy of our start-ups into an efficient and scalable operating model.
- Work cross-functionally to develop deep understanding of key value drivers to improve efficiency, productivity and performance across all initiatives.
- Redefine, improve and document our start-ups processes to minimize complexities and promote effective operations, finding cost effective opportunities.
- Develop a data-driven approach as ventures scale by performing ad hoc analyses and building KPI dashboards for real-time monitoring of performance, advisor/client satisfaction, P&L tracking.
- Propose, design and implement pilots to test new operations/products, measure results and iterate.
- Drive opportunities through each level of the development process and present output and recommendations for management review.
- Identify key assumptions and monitor assumption values and impact across venture development process.
- Prepare and manage the Risk Assessment and Mitigation Plans.
- Develop financial models for business case assessment.
- Work closely with marketing, financial and business analysts to ensure financial sustainability of opportunities are thoroughly considered across pessimistic, normal and optimistic scenarios.
- Coordinate financial, operating and capital plans for each venture.
- Establish appropriate systems to further develop commercial analysis of opportunities.
New Venture Maturation:
- Run Pilot projects
- Collect and parse data to key business drivers
- Design and test a fit-for-purpose Quality Management & Sustainability Procedure for each venture
- Hand over new venture to Operations team
Partnership & Regulatory Services:
- Work with Legal and Admin to Secure Licenses and obtain regulatory compliance
- Curate and nurture partnerships and synergies within sectors of interest
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Engineering or other related fields.
- MBA is an advantage.
- 12 to 15 years’ experience in the Energy industry.
- Renewable energy experience is an advantage.
- Business planning and analytical skills.
- Supervisory and field experience.
- Good writing and speaking communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Familiarity with New Venture Creation Principles (Alex Osterwilder)
- Energy Industry Dynamics
- Finance and Investment Management
- Planning and Budgeting
- Portfolio Management
- Business Performance Monitoring
- Relationship Management
- Integrity and job ownership
- Disruptive thinker
- Drive for continuous learning.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online