CAREERS -Mid-Level Software Engineer – Abuja Our client is an educational solutions company that uses new software and technology to provide teaching and learning experiences to educators, students, and parents across Africa. They help to empower the future generation of leaders by providing the most effective, cheap, and innovative ways to improve education in Africa. Their goal is to use technology to transform education. In Abuja, they have an opportunity for a Mid-Level Software Engineer.
CAREERS -Mid-Level Software Engineer – Abuja
The Perfect Candidate
An experienced programmer who must be able to lead small teams and provide considerable architectural design input, with the ability to be accountable for the entire design in many cases.
• Work with a wide range of technologies, including Java Enterprise Edition, Restful architectures, and relational and non-relational databases.
• Create and keep service-oriented architectures up to date.
• Create Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery architectures.
• Attend daily scrums and sprint meetings on a weekly basis.
• Be familiar with and have worked with cloud systems such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Container and Virtualization Technologies (Docker, vagrant etc)
• Assist the CTO with any other tasks that may be assigned.
• 3-5 years experience in systems management or software development with systems management responsibilities • Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related discipline
• Knowledge of high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed systems, as well as agile, unit testing, pair programming, and continuous integration approaches.
• Thorough understanding of how to write code that is performant, decoupled, tested, and maintainable.
• Practical experience with datastores (e.g., RDBMS, time-series-database, NoSql, search, analytics).
• In-depth knowledge of standard web application, SOA, and microservices patterns.
• Practical knowledge of public cloud services (e.g., AWS, GCP, etc.)
• Working knowledge of open source libraries, frameworks, and technologies (e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, building)
Job Opening ID ERJ914
Account Manager eRecruiter 2
Industry High Tech
Abuja State/Province Abuja
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or its related field
- 3-5 years experience in systems management or software development with systems management responsibilities.
- Understanding of high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed systems and methodologies like agile, unit testing, pair programming, and continuous integration.
- Deep understanding of how to build performant, decoupled, testable, maintainable code.
- Working knowledge with datastores (e.g., RDBMS, time-series-database, NoSql, search, analytics).
- Good understanding of typical web application, SOA and micro-services patterns.
- Hands on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Knowledge of open source libraries, tools and frameworks (e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, building
- APPLY FOR THE JOB HERE