Food Concepts Plc is hiring Store Account Support Officers for 9positions
Incorporated on December 6, 1999, as Food Concepts & Entertainment Limited, the company began operations in 2000 and is now known as Food Concepts Plc. By a Special Resolution dated 10 May 2009, the Company was transformed from a Private Limited Liability Company to a Public Limited Liability Company, and the name of the Company was thereafter changed to Food Concepts Plc. The company obtained franchises from established South African Quick Service Restaurant operators to manage and run their brands in Nigeria shortly after its inception. Later on, the company purchased and created additional brands, including Chicken Republic, PieXpress, Butterfield, and Yum Yum, to name a few.
A corporate restructuring and divestment process has resulted in the Company currently owning and operating the Chicken Republic and PieXpress brands, which are its unique food brands. Chicken Republic is currently operating in 80 sites across Nigeria and Ghana. The company expects to have >100 Chicken Republic restaurants operational by the end of 2020 and wants to have >300 outlets operational by the end of 2023, according to the company. PieXpress commenced operations in 2019 and now has four kiosks in operation. Another 6 units will open by the end of the year, with ambitions to have 150 Pie Express units in operation by the end of 2023, according to the company.
The Food Concepts Group also owns a 35.61 percent share in Food Concepts Pioneer Limited, which continues to own the Butterfield and Yum Yum brands while also operating plant bakeries that produce products for the mass market such as bread, pies, sausage rolls, and chin-chin.
Our company is actively recruiting for the positions listed below in order to keep up with our unparalleled development and expansion.
Food Concepts Plc is hiring Store Account Support Officers for 9positions
Description of the position:
Store Account Support Officer (Requisition ID: 748).
Locations: Gwarimpa, Wuse Zone 6, Garki, Amino Kano Road Wuse – Abuja & Ikorodu; Ikeja, Ipaja – Ayobo; Agungi; Lekki Phase 1 – Lagos; Gwarimpa, Wuse Zone 6, Garki, Amino Kano Road Wuse – Abuja & Ikorodu; Gwarimpa, Wuse Zone 6, Garki, Amino Kan
Goal of the Position Ensure coordination and execution of store administrative tasks including but not limited to accounting (e.g., P n L report, daily stock management report, GP report, reports from FP and A, inventory management), support office and other clerical roles in the restaurant operation. Qualifications and Experience
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
Financial Information for the Store:
• Managing store documentation and ensuring that it is transmitted to Head Office.
• Invoices and all other inter-store transfers are entered into the system (ERP)
• Completing the daily cash reconciliation as well as the daily cash banking transactions.
• Managing petty cash and float on a weekly basis.
• Assist with the computation of the monthly general ledger report.
• Work in collaboration with the Finance Department to ensure that the Management Report is completed on schedule.
Monitoring stock flow from receipt to use and ensuring accuracy and completeness are key responsibilities.
• Take part in the inventory exercise that occurs once a month.
• Maintain contact with external vendors and government organizations regarding issues that affect the stores.
Reporting on Operational Activities:
Assure that stock is received and controlled on a daily basis, as well as that all stock records are kept up to date. • Daily Stock Variance Report and weekly stock report – documentation and update
Support Store Managers with forecasting and line scheduling; weekly ordering and stock requisitioning; and updating all entries in the company’s enterprise resource planning system. • Ensure that all data entered into the system is correct and accurate.
Administration of the general store:
• Putting together all of the recruitment papers, leave requests, and so on and sending it to Human Resources for review
• Keeping the store notice board up to date with key contact information such as the store hospital, employee meal roaster, • police contact information, and Deloitte Tip-Off are all shown on the board. • Having waste collection bills submitted in the stores
• Routinely check the register of security guards, as well as their appearances, as cheques are occasionally left in the store without being given to the vendors. • Check the register of security guards on a regular basis.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are a set of metrics that measure how well a company is performing.
Maintain daily stock movement and the P n L report as anticipated. Reduce turnaround time for publishing transactions on SAP. Increase weekly ordering and stock forecasts. Maintain a deadline for administrative functions.
• The timely submission and accuracy of the periodic report
Education and Training Requirements
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field (or an equivalent qualification).
• Prior experience in the food and beverage service industry is a distinct benefit.
The following experience requirements must be met: • A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar capacity.
Required Professional Qualifications: • Membership in the Hospitality Professional Certification – HORECAB, as well as any other appropriate hospitality certification, will be considered an added advantage.
Know-how Requirements: • Thorough understanding of Inventory Management in a food and beverage service organization. • Understanding of business and management principles involved in resource allocation.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, including the usage of Excel, Power Point, and Word, among other things.
• Accuracy of invoice entry, general ledger, and profit and loss statement • Responsiveness to internal and external clients’ requests • Timeliness in updating stock records and other documentation in store
Expectations for the decision:
• Make certain that the greatest customer service is provided – this is accomplished by properly coordinating the operations between the back and front offices in order to provide greater quality or customer service.
• Manage operational periodic reporting such as general ledger, daily stock movement, profit and loss statements, and other financial statements in stores • Manage inventory, ERP, and supporting paperwork such as invoices in stores
• Maintain budgetary control and cost containment.
Situations on the Job
• Employees in this position normally work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday; however, if a high volume of customers visits the assigned store, they may be required to work overtime or on Saturdays and Sundays.
Contact information and the purpose of the contact:
Internal Contacts (the most often encountered individuals):
The following positions are available: team members, shift managers, field trainers, region trainers, and RSC employees, restaurant managers, stock accountants, and area managers.
• Service Providers / Vendors (who are the most frequently contacted outside of the organization).
Contact was made for the following reasons:
Interact with subordinates, persuade or motivate them to do their jobs better. Propose, justify or settle highly sensitive issues. Obtain and clarify information. Present and discuss information and problems. Collaborate on, and present ideas.
The deadline for submissions is February 28th, 2022.
How to Submit an Application
Candidates who are interested and qualified should: Click here to submit an online application.