JOBS -Compliance Associate at Food Concepts Plc Food Concepts Plc began operations in 2000 after being formed on December 6, 1999 as Food Concepts & Entertainment Limited. By a Special Resolution dated 10 May 2009, the Company was transformed from a Private Limited Liability Company to a Public Limited Liability Company, and its name was changed to Food Concepts Plc.
Food Concepts obtained franchises from respected South African Quick Service Restaurant operators to manage and operate their brands in Nigeria after its incorporation. Other brands bought and developed by the company include Chicken Republic, PieXpress, Butterfield, and Yum Yum.
JOBS -Compliance Associate at Food Concepts Plc
A corporate restructuring and divestment process has resulted in the Company currently owning and operating the Chicken Republic and PieXpress brands, which are its unique food brands.
Chicken Republic is currently operating in 80 sites across Nigeria and Ghana. The company expects to have >100 Chicken Republic restaurants operational by the end of 2020 and wants to have >300 outlets operational by the end of 2023, according to the company.
PieXpress commenced operations in 2019 and now has four kiosks in operation. Another 6 units will open by the end of the year, with ambitions to have 150 Pie Express units in operation by the end of 2023, according to the company.
The Food Concepts Group also owns a 35.61 percent share in Food Concepts Pioneer Limited, which continues to own the Butterfield and Yum Yum brands while also operating plant bakeries that produce products for the mass market such as bread, pies, sausage rolls, and chin-chin.
We are now seeking candidates for the positions listed below:
Compliance Associate is the title of this position.
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure compliance to organization process, procedures and policies and other support for Chicken Republic Stores.
- To assist in ensuring that the company is conducting its business in full compliance with all national and international laws and regulations that pertain to QSR, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal standards.
- To assist in implementing and managing an effective compliance programme
- To participate in company’s policies development and review
- To assist in ensuring that the company is adhered with laws and regulation through detailed reports.
- To assist in creation and managing effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- To assist in ensuring that all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes as mandated and be ready to resolve employee concerns on issue related to the business operations and compliance
- To ensure proper documentation of compliance unit activities and follow up with OSC routine calendar.
- Supports compliance efforts via implementation of compliance risk, management and monitoring plan
- And any other duties assigned by HOD from time to time.
- Minimum of university degree or its equivalent in related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years post professional qualification experience.
- Knowledge of complex Food manufacturing Accounting system would be an added advantage.
Skills / Competencies and Requirements:
- Financial Accounting Skills
- Strong Knowledge of audit procedures.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Policy enforcement
- Assurance on Regulatory reporting
- Monitoring potential risks
- Strong understanding of Operational Standard Compliance (OSC)
- Facilitate resolution of compliance breaches.
Desired Personal Attributes:
Self-motivated someone who takes the initiative.
Ability to be assertive and diligent Ability to work independently with little or no oversight
Ability to collaborate with people at various levels of management, as well as to form partnerships and teams
High levels of organization, as well as the ability to react swiftly to shifting priorities
The ability to cope with and perform well under time constraints.
The deadline for submissions is February 28th, 2022.
How to Submit an Application
Candidates who are interested and qualified should: Click here to submit an online application.