(WHO) consultant specializing research data science consultant specializing in research data science Within the United Nations system, the World Health Organization (WHO) serves as the directing and coordinating body for health issues. On global health issues, it is responsible for creating the research agenda, establishing norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy alternatives, providing technical assistance to countries, and monitoring health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Consultant – Research Data Scientist
Reference No: 2202282
Location: Nigeria (Anywhere)
Organisation: HQ/CRS Country Readiness Strengthening
Contractual Arrangement: External consultant
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 9 months
Purpose of Consultancy
- The consultant will provide expert technical expertise in the following areas: clinical and surveillance data management, advanced programming techniques, and statistical analysis.
- The consultant’s work will include (1) management and harmonization of surveillance data, (2) curation for data completeness and consistency, and (3) statistical and analytic input for data analysis and reporting.
(WHO) consultant specializing research data science
- As a consultant, you will be based in the Health Care Readiness Unit (HCR) of the Country Readiness Strengthening (CRS) department, which is a branch of the World Health Organization’s Emergency Preparedness Department (WPE).
The WHO Global Clinical Platform is made up of data on hospitalized cases with COVID-19 that have been input directly into the REDCAP EDC platform or that have been donated externally via the WHO-Dropbox folder or a secure file transfer option that is currently being developed.
Output 1: WHO Global Clinical Platform: data collected, harmonized and cured
- Activity 1: Conduct, according to standard operating procedures, the following: data curation and data discrepancy resolution, data harmonization, and data archival.
- Activity 2: Harmonize data shared externally to the REDCAP EDC platform data dictionary, pool the data and then curate the pooled dataset for completeness and consistency and aggregated for progress reporting.
- Activity 3: Develop SOPs to improve system level issues such as user access management for both the REDCAP EDC and file transfer platform, end-user training on the EDC system and data management, and technical support for EDC systems.
Output 2: WHO Global Clinical Platform: Statistical and analytic input
- Activity 1: Develop, and execute algorithms for (1) pooling harmonized datasets contributed externally with data extracted from the REDCAP EDC platform, (2) generation of outputs for data curation, (3) creation of data subsets for dashboard update, and (4) generation of various analytic outputs for reporting purposes.
- Activity 2: The consultant may collaborate with other WHO teams as well as external collaborators and data contributors to consider novel methodologies, adaptation of existing methodologies, and capacity strengthening, as needed.
Output 3: Improvement of the WHO COVID-19 Clinical Data dashboard
- Activity 1: The consultant will work with the power BI focal point and the WHO Global Clinical Platform team to update COVID-19 dashboard to improve its clinical utility, visual attractiveness, accuracy according the stakeholder needs, within and outside of WHO.
Output 4: Draft weekly analysis report
- Activity 1: The consultant will participate in weekly team meetings and prepare analysis output to support the COVID-19 (and other emergencies) IMST response. Such analysis may include but are not limited to assessments of severity with new variants of concern; changes to case definitions, updating understanding of symptoms and disease severity.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Languages
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Biostatistics or Epidemiology
- Master’s Degree in Biostatistics, Sciences or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in research data management, computer programming and statistical analysis
- Experience in the writing of scientific articles and reporting.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Programming in R and SAS statistical packages, familiarity with Electronic Data Capture Systems development using REDCAP
- Familiarity with Good Clinical Practice (GCP), and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines for technical requirements of clinical and observational research.
- Capacity to work independently and result-oriented.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Home based – Off-site.
- To Geneva (HQ) for two visits: one visit for 5 working days during month 1 of the contract and second visit for 5 days in Q3 of the contract.
Remuneration and budget (travel costs are excluded):
- Pay Band level B – USD 7,000 and USD 9,980 per month depending on the consultant’s experience and educational background
- Living expenses (A living expense is payable to on-site consultants who are internationally recruited): N/A
Application Closing Date
21st March, 2022 (11:59 PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Additional Information un jobs,
- This vacancy notice may be used to identify candidates for other similar consultancies at the same level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- If your candidature is retained for interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review. job application online 2022,
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged. who jobs work from home,
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates. covid 19 job apply online 2022,
World Health Organization applications
- Consultants shall perform the work as independent contractors in a personal capacity, and not as a representative of any entity or authority. The execution of the work under a consultant contract does not create an employer/employee relationship between WHO and the Consultant.
- WHO shall have no responsibility whatsoever for any taxes, duties, social security contributions or other contributions payable by the Consultant. The Consultant shall be solely responsible for withholding and paying any taxes, duties, social security contributions and any other contributions which are applicable to the Consultant in in each location/jurisdiction in which the work hereunder is performed, and the Consultant shall not be entitled to any reimbursement thereof by WHO. world health organization jobs for doctors,
For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- Consultants working in Switzerland must register with the applicable Swiss cantonal tax authorities and social security authorities, within the prescribed time frames (Guidelines issued by the Swiss Mission are available at: https://www.eda.admin.ch/missions/mission-onu-geneve/en/home/manual-regime-privileges-and-immunities/introduction/Manuel-personnes-sans-privileges-et-immunites-carte-H/Non functionaries et stagiaires.html world health organization jobs in nigeria,