Uniport Most Recent News CONVOCATION UNIPORT POSTPONES CONVOCATION CEREMONY UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT, CHOBA PRESS RELEASE UNIPORT POSTPONES CONVOCATION CEREMONY.
Uniport Most Recent News CONVOCATION
Management of the University of Port Harcourt has decided to postpone the 33rd Combined Convocation ceremony for the award of diplomas, first degrees, postgraduate diplomas, higher degrees, honorary degrees, and prize presentation, which was originally scheduled to hold on the 1st and 2nd of April, 2022 at the University of Port Harcourt.
This message was communicated to the general public by a statement signed by the Registrar, Dr Gloria Chindah.
As indicated in the Registrar’s statement, Professor Georgewill expresses his sorrow for any trouble this new development may have caused the general public, graduating students, their parents and sponsors as well as other stakeholders and esteemed visitors who attended the graduation ceremony.
A new date would be communicated as soon as possible.
UNIPORT Post UTME Form 2022 is now available
The UNIPORT Post-UTME Form 2022 is now available. This year’s post-UTME admission form for the University of Port Harcourt for the 2022/2023 academic session is already available. See below for the screening date and prerequisites.
This is to advise the general public that the University of Port Harcourt Post-UTME Application Form for the 2022/2023 academic session has not yet been released for distribution.
UNIPORT Post-UTME Cut-off Date (in hours)
After taking the UTME, all applicants who selected the University of Port Harcourt as their first choice in their application are required to get 180 points to be considered for admission.
Read more about the UNIPORT Cut off Mark Requirement for UNIPORT Post UTME at this link.
Applicants must have selected the University of Port Harcourt as their first choice in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in 2022 and have a minimum score of 180 in order to be considered for the scholarship.
Instructions for Applying for UNIPORT’s Post UTME in 2022
To begin, qualified candidates should go to the UNIPORT official website, which is located at www.uniport.edu.ng UTME Registration Number is entered, pre-loaded UTME information are confirmed, and a payment slip is printed out.
Please proceed to any of the following banks that have a Remita platform: Access Bank Plc, Ecobank Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc, First Bank Plc, FCMB, UBA Plc, and UNIPORT-CHOBA MICROFINANCE BANK, and make a payment of N2,000.00 to the account stated above.
Obtain a Remita receipt from the Bank Teller, which will include an Access Code, verifying the payment has been received. To return to the website, enter your UTME Registration Number and the Access Code found on your payment sheet starting Wednesday, November 1.
Fill out the online form as instructed and upload your passport photos with a red backdrop that is no larger than 1 x 1 inch in size. To print the Photo Card for the Screening Exercise clearance, click on the “submit button” and then print it.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 08182718991 or via WhatsApp.
- Principal Officers of the University met on Monday, 7th March, 2022, appropriate decisions were taken in the overall interest of the University.
- A delegation from the Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) paid a courtesy call on the University Management. The visit availed them the opportunity to sensitize the University Management on the Employee Compensation Act (ECA) and the Employee Compensation Fund (ECF) arising from occupational hazards faced by employees.
- We held a meeting with the Management Team of Ecobank PLC, UniPort branch and issues of mutual benefits were discussed.
- The Rotary Club paid a courtesy call on the University Management and held fruitful discussions on shared values and interest.
- We received the Chaplains of Our Savior’s Chaplaincy and the Chapel of Annunciation UniPort. Matters of concerns were discussed and prayers were offered for the University.
- We also received in audience the Full Gospel Businessmen Fellowship International and held discussions on areas of mutual benefits.
- We inspected ongoing construction of the Faculty of Social Sciences Building Phase II and also inspected the Low Cost Housing at Gana-Ama, Abuja Campus. We are glad to report that work is in progress and shall update us intermittently.
- The 181st meeting of the University Governing Council and the 143rd meeting of the Finance and General Purpose Committee held to consider and make appropriate recommendations for the effective management of the University.
- The Governing Council held a meeting with the Nyewe-Ali of Choba, Aluu and Alakahia to discuss issues bordering on harmonious University-Host Communities relations.
- We are pleased to inform the University Community that we have appointed Professor D. B. Dappa as the Chairman, Review of the Policy on Intellectual Property of the University.
Thank you all for the roles played in the week under review
*Professor Owunari Abraham Georgewill*, FRSB, FIIA, FWASOT, FCSI, FFs, FWASOP, FECRMI, FIARSA