Jobs Internships at Save the Children Nigeria 5 Positions Save the Children is the world’s biggest independent organization committed to assisting children in need, with initiatives in more than 120 countries. Save the Children is a registered charity in the United Kingdom. Children’s lives are saved because of our efforts. We’re battling for their legal rights in the courtroom. We work with them to help them reach their greatest potential. In Nigeria, Save the Children is working because one out of every five children under the age of five dies before reaching the age of five in the country. Children in the United States miss school and must work in order to support themselves, and approximately 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
1.) Community Capacity Assistant
Deadline: 27th April, 2022.
2.) Humanitarian Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Manager
Deadline: 18th April, 2022.
3.) Head of Health and Nutrition
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Deadline: 16th April, 2022.
4.) Nutrition Intern
Deadline: 15th April, 2022.
5.) Senior Gender Equality Advisor
Deadline: 21st April, 2022.
- Fluent in English and high level of English writing skills.
- Develops, implements and applies intersectional gender analysis.
- Designs and implements evidence-based holistic gender sensitive and transformative interventions: Fosters gender sensitive and transformative approaches to ensure all children have equitable access to, participation within and benefit from interventions.
- Strengthens capacities to advance gender equality.
- Develops and applies effective, innovative gender equality tools and resources.
- Advocates for gender equality.
- Being the Voice of Children: Promotes evidence-based policy and public engagement that includes the voices of children and their communities
- Advancing Equality & Inclusion: Displays a commitment to ensuring everything we do considers the most deprived and marginalised children
- Building & Strengthening Partnerships: Promotes working with diverse partners as critical to delivery
- Child Rights: Promotes the rights of children in own work and in work with colleagues and peers
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to communicate with.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- The post holder must commit to work in an international agency that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion and fights racism, gender inequality and discrimination in all forms; and to model positive behaviours that demonstrate a commitment to equality and respect to all colleagues, partners and communities.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI’s global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Gender Equality policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Application Closing Date
21st April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online