Job vacancy -Strategic Partner Manager , Meta (formerly Facebook) develops technology that let individuals to interact with one another, find communities, and expand their companies. When Facebook was began in 2004, it fundamentally altered the way people communicated. Apps like as Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp have further enriched the lives of billions of people all over the world. Meta is now moving beyond 2D screens and into immersive experiences such as augmented and virtual reality in order to contribute to the development of the next generation in social technology.
Meta is a place where people can grow their careers by building with us. By doing so, they are helping to design a future that will take us beyond what is currently conceivable through digital connection—beyond the confines of displays, the limits of distance, and even the laws of physics.
Job vacancy -Strategic Partner Manager
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Partner Manager, Communities
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Facebook is seeking to grow its Community Partnerships team with a Strategic Partner Manager for Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) to support a selected group of hand curated community leaders who have built and grown relevant and impactful communities on and offline.
- The Community Partnerships team’s mission is to empower community leaders to start, grow and sustain meaningful communities around the world.
- The team serves community leaders to understand and address their needs in sustaining and strengthening their communities. We succeed when community leaders thrive.
- This person will support a portfolio of community leaders in SSA (with a focus on Nigeria, Kenya & South Africa) through community management and product education strategies. This includes equipping leaders with tools and training to grow and engage their members, facilitating peer-to-peer support and leveraging adoption of Facebook products to develop their communities and have impact on- and offline.
- Through operational rigor and knowledge of their vertical and partner set, this person will also work cross-functionally across different teams to help shape our products, inform strategy on approaches to new partnerships opportunities, and optimize new experiences and processes to ensure our partners are successful.
Strategic Partner Manager, Communities Responsibilities
- Identify key community leaders in Sub Saharan Africa to be our strategic partners and work with Partnerships team to successfully onboard them into our programs
- Support partners to grow, engage and sustain their communities, maximizing their impact on and offline
- Become the primary point of contact for and maintain strong direct executive relationships with Facebook’s key community partners
- Build and drive partner strategy to support community building on Facebook across the family of apps, with a focus on Facebook Groups
- Develop deep product expertise with an ability to collect and synthesize meaningful feedback and translate it into high quality insights to inform product roadmaps across a variety of product teams
- Recruit for and run early stage product testing of multiple product features amongst a diverse set of community leaders
- Identify growth initiatives, synthesize trends in the ecosystem and couple these with insights from partners
- Partner cross-functionally with a variety of teams, including Product, Marketing and Operations teams to advocate for partner needs and build functionality to support and recognize the work of community leaders
- Adapt quickly to product changes and limitations and communicate these changes strategically to stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Ability to travel internationally, up to 25% of the time with flexibility to work across time zones and influence remote teams
- Extensive experience working in a partner management, business development, strategic partnerships or equivalent function
- BA / B.Sc Degree
- Proven track record of working with community organisations in Sub Saharan Africa
- Experience with Facebook products that can be leveraged to build community
- Experience with community management in building communities and harnessing the power of people coming together
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment
- Scrappy, resourceful, action and detail-oriented, with a high ownership mindset to deliver measurable impact
- Fluency in French
- Experience working with an extensive network with organisations in the tech or start-up ecosystem across Sub Saharan Africa
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Intereted and qualified candiates should:
Click here to apply online