UNESCO/Goi Peace Foundation Essay Contest 2022 The Goi Peace Foundation and the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) are sponsoring an International Essay Contest for young people all around the world.
UNESCO/Goi Peace Foundation Essay Contest 2022
Application Deadline: 15th June, 2022
Offered Annually: Yes
About the Award: This annual essay contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, imagination and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
Essay Theme: “My Values”
Our values determine how we think and act, and they shape the society we live in. What are the values that you hold dear? How can you best live your life in line with those values, and in doing so, what kind of society do you hope to create?
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2022) in one of the following age categories:
- a) Children (ages up to 14)
- b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title. Essays may be typed or printed.
- Essays must have a cover page indicating:
- (1) category (Children or Youth) (2) Your essay title (3) your name (4) address (5) phone number (6) e-mail (7) nationality (8) age as of June 15, 2020 (9) gender (10) school name (if applicable) (11) word count.
- Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group.
- Please enclose a list of participants’ names, ages and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
- Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.
- Please note that the organizer is unable to confirm receipt of essays or answer individual inquiries concerning contest results.\
- Essays must be original and unpublished.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer
Value of Award: The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$900 as of March 2021) and gift … 1 entrant
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$450 as of March 2021) and gift … 2 entrants
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift … 5 entrants
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift … 25 entrants
* 1st to 3rd prize winners will be invited to the Winners Gathering to be held online.
* Additional awards (Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
* All prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2021 (Japan time) on this website. Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2021.
* We are unable to answer individual inquiries concerning contest results.
How to Submit Essay: Entries must be submitted online. To send your essay online, you must go to the online registration page, and follow the required steps. Entries submitted by postal mail or e-mail are not accepted.
For inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org