Safety Officer NEEDED @ Focal Points Ventures Focal Points Projects Limited, a Construction and Project company, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
Location: Kosefe, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHStraining of employees and executives
Safety Officer NEEDED @ Focal Points Ventures
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issuesor non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes andhandle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
- B.Sc / BA in Safety Management, Engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety.
- Proven experience assafety officer
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
Application Closing Date
27th May, 2022.