PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2022/2023 Interview The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is pleased to make the following announcement: the selection interview process for the 2022 / 2023 Overseas Scholarship Scheme (OSS) M.Sc. and Ph.D. program has begun.
Interview for Candidate Selection for the 2022/2023 Overseas Scholarship Scheme M.Sc. & PhD Award Title: Selection Interview Exercise for Shortlisted Candidates
PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2022/2023 Interview
The interview that will determine who receives the scholarship is set to take place between Monday, May 23, and Friday, June 10, 2022. This will be the final step in the selection process. Candidates who have been selected for further consideration will be notified via email on the date, time, and location of the interview.
The selection process is a continuation of the scholarship process, which began on December 20th, 2021 with a public announcement inviting interested candidates from across the country to apply for the PTDF Overseas Scholarship in Universities in the United Kingdom (UK), Germany, France, and Malaysia (GFM) under its Strategic Partnership Initiative.
For further details, click HERE
The selection process is a continuation of the scholarship process that began on December 20th, 2021 with a public announcement.
Please take note that those who are shortlisted and invited for the oral interview are only those who meet the conditions that have been advertised for the application. The candidate’s performance in the interview will be used as the sole criterion in the selection process for the award.
For those who have forgotten the announcement on the scholarship application, here it is:
PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2022/2023 Interview
Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Overseas M.Sc Scholarship Scheme 2022 / 2023
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), which is an agency of the Federal Government with the mission of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, is now accepting applications from candidates who are suitably qualified for Overseas M.Sc scholarships to specific programs at selected institutions as part of its PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme for the 2022/2023 academic session. The scholarships will be awarded to individuals who will be studying in those institutions.
The title of this scholarship program is the 2022/2023 Overseas Master of Science Scholarship Scheme for Universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Malaysia.
The candidate would have the opportunity to profit from a diverse reservoir of information as well as the facilities supplied by world-class institutions located all over the world, which was the primary motivation behind the development of the scheme. Candidates are given the opportunity to submit their applications through the PTDF for specific programs offered by the partner institutions.
The provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance premiums, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable), and provision of allowances to meet the costs of living expenses and accommodation are all included in the award.
PTDF partner universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Malaysia are the only places where applications for the 2022/2023 award will be accepted. This is because the foundation believes that it is in these countries that the scholarship’s high standards can be upheld and the scheme’s goals will be most effectively met.
On the PTDF website (www.ptdfgov.ng) and on the scholarship portal (scholarship.ptdfgov.ng), applicants can find a complete list of the courses that have been sponsored as well as an application form.West Ezenwa issuing a challenge to Atiku
Procedure, Criteria, and Requirements for the Selection Process
Because of the high level of competition for PTDF scholarships, applicants must demonstrate exceptional performance in all aspects of the evaluation process to be considered.
On the basis of the qualifications that were provided, the most qualified applicants from each state will be invited to an interview. There, a selection committee will be formed to evaluate the applications based on the following criteria:
Academic merit, as demonstrated by the quality of degrees earned, complete academic transcripts, and other professional certifications obtained
Participation in several professional organizations
The practicability of the strategy for the study or the research.
Qualification equivalent to at least a Second Class Upper (2.1) grade in their first degree, or a Second Class Lower (2.2) grade with relevant work experience in the industry
A successful completion of the obligatory National Youth Service is required (NYSC)
Must have a working knowledge of computers
a total of five credits at the 0 level, with at least one each in English Language and Mathematics.
The purpose statement should be no longer than 500 words and should explain the reason(s) for the proposed study, as well as its relevance to the sector and the predicted influence on national development.
Before submitting an application for the scholarship, prospective students are required to get a National Identity Number (NIN).
Before continuing with the application process, applicants should be aware that they will be required to verify the accuracy of their NIN (NIMC verification charges apply).
It is strongly recommended that applicants scan copies of the following documents and upload them as attachments to their online application forms:
First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result New York State Civil Service Discharge Certificate WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results and the PINs on the Application Forms (to enable PTDF to access the O’Level results on the applicable website)
A recent photograph for a passport, an identification letter from the local government, and evidence of participation in professional organisations are required.
The deadline for submission of applications is
Detailed Description of the Procedure
Candidates that are interested and meet the requirements should start their applications by clicking here.
To obtain further details, please go here.
Note that applicants who make it through the first stage of screening will be asked to submit their transcripts; as a result, all applicants are strongly encouraged to get their transcripts ready to be sent in the event that they are asked to do so.
Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Overseas PhD Scholarship Scheme 2022 / 2023
Title: 2022 / 2023 Overseas P.hD Scholarship Scheme for Universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, France & Malaysia
- The scheme was developed to offer candidates the opportunity to benefit from a diversified pool of knowledge and the facilities offered by world-class institutions across the globe. Under it, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at the partner institutions.
- The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable), and the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses.
- For the 2022/2023 award, applications will be limited to PTDF partner universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Malaysia where it feels the scholarship’s high standards can be maintained and the objectives of the scheme will be best served.
- Full list of sponsored courses and Application Forms are available on the PTDF website: www.ptdfgov.ng and on the scholarship portal: scholarship.ptdf gov.ng.
Selection Process, Criteria & Requirements
- PTDF scholarships are highly competitive, and only candidates who are outstanding across the board are selected.
- Based on the submitted qualifications, the top applicants for each category from each state will be invited for an interview where selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria:
- Academic merit as evidenced by the quality of degrees, full academic transcripts and other professional qualifications acquired
- Relevant publications to be referenced by applicant
- Membership of professional bodies
- The viability of the study/research plan.
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Must be computer literate
- A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate
- A research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than five pages) to include:Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection
- All lecturers must produce a letter from their Vice Chancellor confirming that they are not in receipt of any other scholarship
- Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship.Applicants are to note that they will be required to verify their NIN before proceeding with the application (NIMC verification charges apply).
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach them to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results and the PINs on the application forms to enable PTDF to view the O’Ievel results on the relevant website).
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Master’s Degree Certificate
- Evidence of membership of professional associations.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
Note: Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.