Assistant Manager – Generation Safety NERC The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an autonomous agency, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to handle technical and economic control of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry.
Assistant Manager – Generation Safety NERC
The Commission is to, among others license operators, regulate operational norms and standards, establish consumer rights and obligations and set cost reflecting industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are welcomed from suitable people to join our team in an exciting profession of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Generation Safety
Division: Engineering, Performance and Monitoring
- Review and analysis of NESI Operators’ monthly reports on significant incidents/accidents in the power stations
- Collating and analysing incident notification reports submitted by the Gencos
- Monitoring of the Gencos’ compliance with the provisions of the Nigerian Electricity Health and Safety Code
- Review and analysis of accident investigation reports submitted by the Gencos
- Conduct site inspections and sting operations to identify and escalate impending hazards at the power stations
Assistant Manager – Generation Safety at the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC)
- Conduct accident investigations
- Experienced and Knowledgeable about emerging Health and Safety standards and practices developed by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other Health and Safety International standard development organizations
- Knowledge and ability to identify and analyse accident causative factors
- Analyse Health and Safety audit reports submitted by the Gencos
- Preparation of quarterly NESI Health and Safety performance report
- Provide routine and ad-hoc reports and analysis
- Develop presentations and reports
- Carry out any other task assigned by the AGM, HSE.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- First Degree & Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Bias in Energy option).
- Minimum years of experience: 9 years
- Team player, Works well under Pressure, Self-Starter
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Project.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.