Jobs in Nigeria – Assistant Manager – Compliance The Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 established the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) as an independent organization to carry out technical and economic control of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry.
Jobs in Nigeria – Assistant Manager – Compliance
NERC is also known as the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission. The Commission’s mandate includes, among other things, the issuance of licenses to operators, the establishment of operating norms and standards, the establishment of consumer rights and obligations, and the setting of industry rates that are cost reflective. Abuja serves as the location of the Commission’s administrative headquarters.
Candidates who are qualified and interested in joining our team to pursue an exciting career regulating the Nigerian electricity supply industry are encouraged to submit an application for the post listed below.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Compliance
Division: Legal, Licensing and Compliance
- Implementation of the Commission’s enforcement/compliance strategy.
- Coordination of the Commission’s enforcement/compliance function.
- Development of workplans for the compliance unit and allocation of tasks to team members.
- Coordination and maintenance of relationships with applicants and other stakeholders.
- Coordination and maintenance of relationships with other departments/units in the Commission.
- Maintaining records of all applications and ensuring compliance with stipulated timelines for the completion of applications.
- Supporting the legal division with other tasks.
Qualification / Skills
- Bachelor of Laws, B.L. Advanced Degrees like Master of Laws and Doctor of Philosophy in Law will be an advantage.
- Required skills – Ability to write and communicate excellently in English, a team player, a self-starter that works well under pressure,great levels of empathy and excellent public speaking/presentation skills.
- Minimum years of experience: 6 years post call experience with keen focus on litigation, alternative dispute resolution, constitutional and administrative law; in leading a compliance function in the public or private sector.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.