Principal Purchasing Officer at Dangote Group With its operations headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa, the Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified commercial giants, with a hard-earned reputation for superior business ethics and product quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Purchasing Officer
Job ID: Procurement 002
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: DCP – Operations
- Effectively manage and coordinate the procurement of goods and services in accordance with the set procurement guidelines and procedures.
Principal Purchasing Officer at Dangote Group
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Streamline the tangible cost savings by monitoring costs reduction over time with the purpose to increase it in the long-term.
- Adherence to all policies and procedures that govern procurement in Dangote cement plc in compliance to global procurement standard
- Ensure all requisitions are timely converted to purchase orders.
- Weekly report generation that will monitor and track PO’s, Form M, LC, and direct payment (T.T) with follow up were necessary.
- Follow up for the delivery of purchase items of opened PO’s
- Sending Shipping document to clearing department before cargo arrival at MMI and Seaport.
- Assess all vendors/suppliers and ensure that they meet the minimum requirements to be on the suppliers list. This also involves conducting supplier premises visits to monitor and evaluate supplier standards.
- Preparation of bid evaluation reports, contracts, and other related procurement documentation.
- Ensure materials and services supplied meet established standards, survey markets for latest trends in prices, availability, delivery, and quality, and ensure that applicable policies, practices, and procedures are understood and complied by suppliers.
Education and Work Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 9 years work experience in procurement or 6 years work experience + MBA
- Membership of Procurement Institute
- Experience in Import / Foreign Procurements.
- Proficient in MS Excel/Word/Power Point
- Highly Experience with SAP
- Experience in working with manufacturing /Cement industry.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- An energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image.
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgement, and strong operational focus.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online