Scholarships from the David Oyedepo Foundation for Nigerian Students 2022 , The David Oyedepo Foundation strives to give exceptional and talented African students with superior academic credentials the chance to enroll in undergraduate programs at two of Nigeria’s top universities. Through the yearly programs and community development efforts,
It gives people the chance to develop the leadership potentials that are so glaringly absent in the leaders of our modern society. Scholars are anticipated to be adequately prepared to contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries after completing the DOF Scholars program.
1. A resident or national of an African country. 2. At the time of application, you cannot be older than 23. 3. Obtain admission to a recognized undergraduate program at Covenant or Landmark University. 4. Have an outstanding academic record and a high school credential that is recognized internationally. 5. Fluency in both written and spoken English. 6. In excellent health 7. Not currently registered in an undergraduate program.
More Award Details
|Number of Awards||20|
|Includes||The scholarship is for 4 or 5 years, this is subject to university stipulated time for course completion. The maximum duration of scholarship award is 5 years for undergraduate programs. Applicants should visit the foundation’s website www.davidoyedepofoundation.org/scholarships, read the application instructions and complete the online applications. Applicants must submit the application form and all required documents stated on the webpage. NB: Proof of Admission to Landmark and Covenant University is required only at the point of award. Hence applications can be submitted before admission letters have been received. It is important to visit the website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.|
|Nationality Required||Algerian, Angolan, Beninese, Motswana, Burkinabe, Burundi, Cameroonian, Cape Verdean, Central African, Chadian, Comoran, Congolese, Congolese, Ivorian, Djiboutian, Egyptian, Equatorial Guinean, Eritrean, Ethiopian, Gabonese, Gambian, Ghanaian, Guinean, Guinean, Kenyan, Basotho, Liberian, Libyan, Malagasy, Malawian, Malian, Mauritanian, Mauritian, Moroccan, Mozambican, Namibian, Nigerien, Nigerian, Rwandan, Sao Tomean, Senegalese, Seychellois, Sierra Leonean, Somali, South African, Sudanese, Swazi, Tanzanian, Togolese, Tunisian, Ugandan, Zambian, Zimbabwean and South Sudanese|
DOF UNDERGRADUATE ONE WORLD SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The DOF scholarship undergraduate program is for academically excellent students who want to receive a first degree from either Covenant University or Landmark University. Scholars must be African, be a permanent resident of an African country and meet the requirements for admission to any of the universities before applying for the scholarship.
Eligible Field Of Study: Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Information & Communications Technology, Petroleum Engineering, Architecture, Applied Biology and Biotechnology, Microbiology, Computer Science, Economics, Accounting, Animal Science, Soil Science, Crop Science, Agricultural And Biosystem Engineering, Electrical And Information Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biochemistry
- Applicants must be Africans.
- Applicants must have applied for a course of study at Covenant University or Landmark University, Nigeria.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application submission.
- Applicants must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
- Applicants must be eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa.
- Applicants should have at least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
- Application Process: The mode of application is online
Note: The application for the scholarship does not guarantee admission to the specified Universities; all admission to the University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process. Hence, award of the scholarship is CONDITIONAL on University admission.
Applicants not meeting the above technical eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the selection committee.
FINANCIAL PROVISIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP:
Full Academic fees for a maximum of 5 (In accordance to the University stipulated time for duration of chosen course).
The scholarship does not cover;
- Travel allowances
- Feeding allowances
- Medical/Health Insurance or allowance
- Any other fees outside University generated Academic fees for a course at any level.
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA:
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need dependent, merit based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Following this review, chosen finalists will be interviewed by the David Oyedepo Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform. If advanced to the final round, applicant must provide;
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
- Proof of citizenship
- All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement
- A commitment to influence home community with skills learned
Scholarships from the David Oyedepo Foundation for Nigerian Students 2022
DAVID OYEDEPO FOUNDATION APPLICATION PROCESS TIMELINE:
|June, 2022||Applications Open|
|1 August, 2022||Application Closes|
Method of Application
GENERAL APPLICATION TIPS
- The David Oyedepo Foundation uses an internet based application You will need to access a computer and internet to apply. You would also need a scanner in order to upload required documents.
- You do not have to finish your application in one You may save your work and return to complete your application as many times as necessary. You must, however, not leave your application untouched for up to 30 days or your account would be deleted.
- You must submit your completed application by the deadline, however you are encouraged to submit before the deadline as no deadline extensions would be provided.
- Answer all questions on the application in English and all documents to be uploaded MUST be translated in English.
- All answers in the application, including written responses to essays must be your own original work.
- Only applicants who complete this application will be Applications and information submitted through email or other means will NOT be considered.
ONLINE APPLICATION SECTIONS
Application Process: APPLY HERE
Note: The application for the scholarship does not guarantee admission to the specified Universities; all admission to the University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process. Hence, the award of the scholarship is CONDITIONAL on University admission.