Job -Graduate Accountant at TotalEnergies
TotalEnergies is a multifaceted energy corporation that manufactures and sells gasoline, electricity, and natural gas.
We are a global leader in the energy sector with operations in over 130 nations. We are dedicated to providing customers with energy that is more economical, dependable, and clean while also meeting the strictest safety and environmental standards.
TotalEnergies EP Nigeria Limited is accepting applications from appropriately qualified Nigerians for the following position as a way to join this dynamic international team, whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees worldwide:
Job Title: Accountant
Offer ID: 59315BR
Employment Type: Regular Position
Branch: Exploration and Production
- Preparation of monthly cabotage reports with supporting documents for interface with NIMASA.
- Monitoring/analyzing of GL 445909 (NG01) and making corrections were necessary to maintain zero balance.
- Extracting NCD values from GL 445911 and booking them for payment to NCDMB, after appropriate approvals, according to contractual agreements, and in line with monthly closure processes.
- Extracting WHT and VAT values from their respective GL accounts and booking them for payment to various authorities, after appropriate approvals, according to their GL balances, and in line with monthly closure processes.
- Monitoring of NGN and USD balances in VAT, WHT, NCD and CABOTAGE, and recovering same with due payments, for relevant regulators, from those relating to the same vendor.
- Running accrual process for GIT monthly, to accrue the cumulative balances and booking its reversal date on the first of the next month.
- Assist, in collaboration with Tax and Budget Departments, in payments/reconciliations.
- Assist with the accounting and booking of all Cash Calls paid by Partners into Accounts/Books and analyzing the related impact on the Treasury Report
- Sending out emails to TOTALENERGIES PLC and TOTALENERGIES SA representatives to obtain their intercompany balance sheet and profit & loss accounts relating to the reporting period
- Reconciling of Total SA and Total PLC balance sheet/profit and loss position with that of TEPNG
- Preparation of Intercompany reconciliation report for Total SA & Total PLC and printing for signatures.
- Uploading of signed intercompany reconciliation report to SOX CM+
- Preparing and posting of Debit notes for receiving of funds from sale of scraped material.
- Monitoring invoices in the workflow and following up with actors over items that are overdue.
- Following up with archivists for reprocessing of invoices received but not in IMP for processing.
- Participation in preparation, follow up, review and reporting of annual and periodic budgets
- Performs periodic reporting to the Group, partners and regulatory authorities in line with relevant contractual framework and timelines
- Ensures conformity of reporting with IFRS, Group standards, Accounting procedures and local statutory provisions (CAMA).
- Relationship management with the Group, affiliates, partners and government agencies.
- Provision of tax advisory role and correct application of tax laws in all TUCN activities.
- Representation of TUCN in all tax related matters, coordination of all tax audits and response to queries thereof and tax administration.
- Ensures compliance with PSC and JV contractual framework as well as relevant tax laws (PPT, CIT, PAYE, etc.).
- Responsible for the maintenance of proper books of accounts: – Assets, Inventory, General Ledgers, Working Capital, etc.
- Periodic analysis, investigation and correction of various general ledger accounts
- Periodic performance of SOX controls in line with laid down procedures.
- Any other duties assigned.
Context and Environment:
- Job is carried out in an environment that interfaces with many other departments/units within the company such as Cost Control, TotalEnergies SA, Tax, Buyers, Treasury, Payment, other TUCN companies, Methods, UNISUP, TotalEnergies PLC, Internal control, Closure team, staff members, vendors, etc.
We are looking for young professionals who are motivated and passionate, with excellent academic achievement. Interested applicants should have:
- B.Sc. in Accounting or Social Sciences with professional qualification
- 0 to 3 years’ experience in the oil industry
- Ability to use specialized accounting software (SAP) and other Windows PC applications
- Basic understanding of Upstream Oil and Gas Industry operations.
- Fluent in english.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, since job entails frequent interactions (internal and external)Additional Information.
Application Closing Date
5th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interview location: LAGOS-EKO1 TWR(NGA).
- All applications must be completed online.
- Applicants are advised to submit only one application per position to avoid disqualification.
- TotalEnergies EP Nigeria Limited, and its approved recruitment consultants, will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application.
- Anyone demanding such is not an authorized TotalEnergies representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- TotalEnergies EP Nigeria Limited will not take responsibility for any careers/job vacancies placed outside this advert or Total Energies careers website careers.totalenergies.com.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.