Marine Equipment Safety Engineer at SPIE Nigeria Services Nigeria Through its network of offices in 25 countries spanning Africa, the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific, SPIE Oil & Gas Services, which is a division of the SPIE Group, offers a comprehensive selection of services to a number of the most prominent oil and gas corporations in the world.
Marine Equipment Safety Engineer at SPIE Nigeria
Because of the hard work of our 4,000 workers, who we provide with training, recognition, and genuine prospects for professional growth, our turnover has more than doubled in the past few years. SPIE Oil & Gas Services is continuously on the lookout for bright individuals to add to its teams so that it can continue to support this expansion.
At the moment, we are looking for applicants who meet the requirements and are qualified for the following positions:
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Marine Equipment Engineer – M / F
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract type: Temporary work contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 1 year
- We are looking to hire a Safety Marine Equipment Engineer to join our workforce here in Nigeria.
His task shall include:
- Work closely with JV Field Operations management to manage the operational requirement of all JV Offshore Marine Operations (Equipment availability, spare availability, and personnel requirement)
- Manage preservation and functional check on mooring package.
- Manage Hawser assembly survey and replacement.
- Manage all equipment on the buoy, especially the loading, swivel quick connect hook etc.
- Manage and responsible for providing the availability of the Tandem package with the QC/DC package.
- Support Offshore Sites and FSO Unity to meet all marine operational needs.
- Plan and Prepare OPEX budget for approval with Partners (NAPIMS).
- Lead in engineering upgrade and standardization of equipment.
- Liaise with OEMs to resolve equipment malfunction issues as they occur.
- Analyze the result of condition monitoring data to implement equipment operational and maintenance strategy in line with company policy.
- Lead in marine equipment maintenance and certification.
- Prepare a work pack for an overhaul of Topside Marine Equipment.
- Manage annual certification survey with inspection department to maintain FSO class.
- Manage offloading hoses string requirement and mooring system.
- Maintain spare parts inventory and stock requirements for marine operations.
- Champion maintenance analysis of plan preventive maintenance.
- Prepare maintenance reports to support top management decisions in investment maintenance policy.
- Work closely with the procurement team to resolve technical issues surrounding spare part clarification from vendors concerning all marine spares.
- Assist leader (Head of static and Head of Mechanical) for the updating of the Maintenance Plans, involving procedures drafting, drawings issuance, studies performance, spare parts identification reviews, tools reviews, documentation filing, binding, or data capture in computerized systems.
- Support the FSO Unity and other Offshore Marine Operations teams as requested in areas of own specialty, including drafting working procedures, and maintenance programmes, and providing associated logistic support. As instructed, develops maintenance methods and tools in own area of competence, analyses the works and practices, and suggests ways of optimization.
- Performs technical studies in view of improving performance or upgrading the marine facilities.
- Follows-up the technical problems raised, follows-up the technical and contractual files, as instructed, follows up the warranty claims and the implementation of the corrective actions.
- Performs equipment performance analysis; develop and put in place enhanced condition monitoring programmes.
- Follows-up the day-to-day activities of the offshore teams; remains available to provide them the assistance and support as needed.
In addition, he shall perform the following:
- Pays regular visits to the offshore site and participates to the jobs as required; may be involved in operational works including major shutdowns. May be incorporated into maintenance working shifts, as required during major operations.
- Provides assistance and logistic support as required for the provision of resources: vendors, additional manpower, services, tools, spare parts, consumables and other materials. Coordinates the transfer of these resources to offshore.
- Coordinates as required the repairs required to be subcontracted to external vendors.
- Attends to materials repairs or inspection in the ONNE base or in Contractors’ facilities.
- Follows-up into UNISUP, the computerized maintenance management system, the registration of the works, of the consumed materials, of the services, and so on.
- Follows up the spare parts and consumables consumption, report anomalies and initiates suitable action to prevent a shortage.
- Reviews the requests for materials, and defines the technical specifications for purchase.
- Supervises receipt of materials from a technical point of view. Visit the ONNE warehouse when required.
- Controls the condition of materials in warehouses and acts for improvement as needed.
- Maintains and updates the technical documentation.
- Performs periodic and ad-hoc reports as required.
- Coordinate these actions with concerned staff, from both offshore and onshore sites.
At all times, the job holder will:
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the HSE Policy
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE and FO standards
- Actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes
- Identify and correct and report any safety anomalies during the project phase
- Assist to provide support to the site to facilitate interventions during operational emergencies.
- Professional experience: 10 years in the Oil & Gas environment
- 5 years of experience in Safety Marine Equipment Maintenance
- Experience in maintenance support and especially in a field maintenance capacity
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools (excel and project)
- Good knowledge of planning tools, and of CMIMS tools (preferably SAP based)
- Skills required: Collaboration spirit, good presentation and communication.
- BOSIET or SAS & HUET
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online