Deadline Uniport 2022 Post-Utme Registration In view of the advertisement and the commencement of registration for the 2022/2023 Post-UTME screening exercise, the University wishes to inform the general public that “the deadline for the 2022/2023 registration exercise is Saturday 17th, September, 2022 and the registration portal will be disenabled”.
Deadline Uniport 2022 Post-Utme Registration
Everyone who might be interested in running for office is strongly urged to finish registering by the deadline that has been set. Additional information will be given in the appropriate manner.
I am grateful to you.
THE WEEKS IN RETROSPECT IN THE REGISTRY (Wednesday, 24th August – Friday, 9th September, 2022)
- Published: 11 September 2022
THE WEEKS IN RETROSPECT IN THE REGISTRY;
WEDNESDAY, 24TH AUGUST – FRIDAY, 9TH SEPTEMBER, 2022.
1) We warmly welcome all members of the Registry family and other staff of the University back to work after the long industrial action by university based unions. We are encouraged to be at our best performance hoping that God being our helper, the government will do the needful for the interest of staff and students.
2) We wish to commiserate with the University community particularly the registry staff families of our colleagues who died or lost their loved ones in the course of the strike action, as our prayers and thoughts are with them.
3) We encourage all staff to continue with registration and clearance of students and all other official activities going on before the strike commenced.
4) In view of the pre-mobilization of prospective corps members, we wish to commend staff of the Departments/Faculties, Academic Office and the Student Affairs Department for the extra effort in ensuring the University meets the deadline set by NYSC for mobilization.
5) We received in audience, the executive members of SSANU and NASU UniPort branch, who formally informed the Registrar that the strike action has been suspended. The leadership of both unions noted that negotiations were still ongoing on some grey areas, while hoping that government respects the timeline in the signed agreement.
6) We attended the meeting of Faculty Officers Forum where issues of effective administration, review of activities before the strike and suggestions for coping with the effects of the strike action were discussed.
7) The following Retirement/Postings were effected
i) The immediate past Director of Personnel Affairs and one time Acting Registrar, Dr. Dakoru Charles-Granville, has statutorily retired from the services of the University.
ii) The 6th Registrar of the University, Mrs. Matilda Nnodim has proceeded on her accumulated Annual Leave. She was the Director, University Counseling Centre prior to her proceeding on leave.
iii) The 7th Registrar, Dr. (Mrs) D.D Otto has returned from her Sabbatical Leave and has resumed duty as the Director, University Counseling Centre.
iv) Mrs. Irene Wariso Madugba has assumed office as Director, Personnel Affairs.
v) Mr. Promise Aalonee has been redeployed from the University of Port Harcourt Business School to the Faculty of Management Sciences as Faculty Officer.
8) Administrative heads of units/departments are to ensure that all completed Appraisal forms are duly returned to the relevant Personnel Offices, pending further action on promotion exercise.
9) Be informed that the closing date for Post UTME registration is 17th September, 2022. Please do well to communicate prospective applicants through your offices.
10) We wish to commend the cooperation and sacrifices of Registry staff in carrying out their assigned roles diligently.
11) We also wish to commend the Vice-Chancellor Professor Owunari Abraham Georgewill and all other Principal Officers for keeping the University going in our absence during the strike. May the Lord bless, keep and protect them all.
God bless you all.
Mrs. Gloria O. Chindah, _Ph.D_ FCIA, FICA,KSM
Registrar, University of Port Harcourt.