Global Scholarship Program (GSP) is available to all students from partner institutions that want to study at CNU for a semester or a year.
• Be an international student from partner institutions with an agreement that you can study at CNU
• Students receive full scholarships for tuition and accommodation fees with one-time stipend of 500,000-1,000,000 KRW.
To foster an international exchange with sister institutions, Chungnam National University (CNU) offers various student exchange programs for international students who wish to have a study abroad experience in Korea. Aside from the regular self-paid international students, international exchange students are chosen from their academic institutions based on reciprocal agreements between the two schools. Expenses may be paid in full or in part by the hosting university, depending on the enrolled program or agreement terms and conditions.
International Exchange Programs
- Exchange Program
- Students from partner institutions with exchange agreement can study at CNU for at a semester or a year with tuition fees waived. Depending on agreements, there may be other benefits such as accommodation fee exemption or free Intensive Korean Language course.
- Global Scholarship Program (GSP)
- Same as the exchange program, one difference is that GSP students receive full scholarships for tuition and accommodation fees with one-time stipend of 500,000-1,000,000 KRW.
- Summer Session for International Students (SSIS)
- SSIS is a short term program for students having interests in attending academic courses and experiencing Korean culture throughout 7 weeks in summer. Successfully admitted students will be offered scholarships for tuition and accommodation fees and full support for diverse field trips and cultural activities.
- Visiting Student Program
- Students are able to study for a semester or a year and have to pay for all costs such as tuition, accommodation and others that may be occurred.
- Dual Degree Program
- Students can be granted double degrees from CNU and their home institution after studying at both institutions for 2 years respectively.
- For more information on programs, please visit the website of “Office of International Affairs”: cnuint.cnu.ac.kr
Order Fall Semester Spring Semester Application Deadline Late May Late November Korean test Late May Late November Interview Mid June Mid December Notification of successful applicants Early July Late December Tuition payment Late July Late January
For the exact date of admission schedule, please refer to website. (http://ipsi.cnu.ac.kr)
- An international student should receive the Test of proficiency in Korean (TOPIK) score level 3 or higher.
- Minimum accepted scores are : TOEIC 700, TOEFL (PBT 530, CBT 197, iBT 71), TEPS 600, New TEPS 327, IELTS 5.5, CEFR B2 from a recognized English proficiency test. ( e.g. TOEIC, TOEFL, TEPS)
- Level 3 or higher on a test of Korean proficiency at the CNU Language Education Center
- Level 4 or higher on a completion of Korean Language course at the CNU Language Education Center
Evaluation of Academic Proficiency
- The admissin will be determined by initial document review & the interview
- Evaluation is done based on an overall evaluation of applicant´s attitude, academic proficiency and aptitude for desired major.
- The basis of the evaluation is the documents submitted by the applicant.
Application Fee (Non-refundable)
To be considered for freshman admission, submit the following:
- Essay of your study objective
- Essay of Self Introduction (available on the website)
- Graduation certificate and transcripts of high school : Graduation certificate of high school and transcripts
- Copy of passport
- Copy of Alien Registration Card (if available)
- Government-issued Family Census Register
- Certificate for Level 3 or higher TOPIK or Certificate of English proficiency test (TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS, TEPS)
- Certificate of Korean proficiency test at the CNU Language Education Center
- Completion certificate for Level 4 or higher on a Korean Language course at the CNU Language Education Center
- Affidavit of Financial Support (available on the web site)
- Sponsor’s Bank Certificate with a balance of more than USD 18,000
- Sponsor’s Certificate of Employment or Certificate of Business Registration
- Additional material, if any, required by the department.
- All the official documents not in English or in Korean must be translated into English or Korean and notarized.