Portfiolio Associate – Nature Climate Change & Energy at the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) – 2 Openings The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program is an international effort to promote volunteerism as a means of fostering both peace and development.
Portfiolio Associate – Nature Climate Change & Energy at the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) – 2 Openings
Together with our partners, we work to integrate UN Volunteers who are qualified, highly motivated, and well supported into development programming and to promote the value of volunteering and its recognition on a global scale.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is in charge of UNV and reports its activities to the Executive Board that is comprised of UNDP, UNFPA, and UNOPS. Volunteer at the United Nations Volunteers
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Portfiolio Associate – Nature, Climate Change &Energy
Sustainable Development Goal: 13. Climate action
Volunteer category: National UN Volunteer Specialist
DoA reserved for persons with disabilities: No
Host entity: UNDP
Duration: 12 months
Slot: 2 Openings
Mission and Objectives:
- UNDP is the United Nations largest agency with a mandate to eradicate poverty, through sustainable and inclusive human development. UNDP has been in Nigeria since the country became independent in 1960 providing capacity building and policy development support to the Federal Government of Nigeria in areas of Governance & Peace Building, Inclusive growth, and Sustainable Development.
Depression: Causes Types & Treatment
- UNDP continues to support the government in the implementation of development interventions aimed at meeting medium to long term goals enshrined in National and Subnational development plans as well as the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The goal of UNDP is to improve the lives of the people of Nigeria, especially the poorest and most vulnerable, and to ensure a future that offers equality, dignity, and opportunity for all. UNDP works in partnership with the federal Government of Nigeria, development partners, UN agencies, civil society and local communities to help identify local solutions to meet global and national development challenges through a range of interventions that combine UNDP’s expertise and comparative advantage in the areas of Governance & Peace Building, Inclusive growth and Sustainable Development. Information Security Risk Officer at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
- The UNV Portfolio Associate will be embedded with the Federal Ministry of Environment and supervised by the BES-Net National Coordinator/Team Leader of the EECC Unit in UNDP Nigeria, working in close collaboration with the pprogramme, ooperations, ccommunications and other project teams in CO for effective visibility of results, anticipating and contributing to programme/project-related issues and information delivery
- The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as the implementation of effective internal control systems.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Team Leader or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Portfolio Associate will:
- Prepare payment requests in a timely manner, monitor disbursement of monthly payments for the project;
- Track and report project expenditures monthly for the project;
- Maintain and improve databases for the Project’s that accurately report on progress and decisions, highlight issues, and are suitable for analysing data;
- Undertake procurement actions;
- Provide necessary backstopping on administrative actions;
- Prepare and translate necessary documents, reports to donors, UNDP, Programme Board, and others as relevant;
- Follow-up on timely disbursements by UNDP CO;
- Assist in the preparation of payment requests for operational expenses, salaries, insurance, etc. against project budgets and work plans;
- Support the preparations of project work plans and operational and financial planning processes; and
- Monitor project activities, budget and financial expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions.
Byron Allen’s $10B Discrimination Lawsuit Against McDonald’s
- Proactively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- Maintain project correspondence and communication;
- Collect, register and maintain all information on the project activities;
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of progress reports;
- Prepare agendas and arrange field visits, appointments and meetings both internal and external related to the project activities and write minutes from the meetings;
- Maintain project filing system;
- Maintain records on all project personnel/national consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, time and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures; and
- Assist in logistical organization of meetings, training and workshops.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required education level
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Forestry, Geography or Sustainable Development; or any other related Social Sciences Degrees; a Post-graduate Degree in Environmental Management and Natural Science may be an advantage.
- 3 years of experience in Project management for biodiversity-related projects and with proven working knowledge of financial management aspects of projects;
Area(s) of expertise:
- Economics and Finance, Administration, Development programmes
- English, Level: Fluent, Required
- 27 – 80
- Candidate must be a national or legal resident of the country of assignment.
Competencies and values:
- Demonstrate commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Shares knowledge and experience; and
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Proven ability to problem-solve and think creatively to develop and implement smart business solutions in a challenging socio-economic environment;
- Ability to establish and maintain contacts with senior-level officials of the host government required. Excellent interpersonal skills are an essential part of the job;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is required to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and to prepare accurate and complete reports and other documents.
- Leadership and self-mmanagement;
Nigeria Creative Industries Master’s Scholarships
- Focuses on results for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure; and
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Professionalism: demonstrated understanding of operations relevant to [UNDP
- Integrity: demonstrate the values and ethical standards of the UN and UNDP in daily activities and behaviours while acting without consideration of personal gains.
Marine Superintendent at TotalEnergies
- Teamwork and respect for diversity: ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; excellent interpersonal skills
- Commitment to continuous learning: initiative and willingness to learn new skills and stay abreast of new developments in area of expertise.
- Planning and organizing: effective organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to manage a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner; ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor (own) work.
- Communication: proven interpersonal skills; good spoken and written communication skills, including ability to prepare clear and concise reports; ability to conduct presentations, articulate options and positions concisely
- Flexibility: adaptability and ability to live and work in potentially hazardous and remote conditions, involving physical hardship and little comfort; to operate independently in austere environments for protracted periods
- Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards [UNDP]’s mission and vision, as well as to the UN Core Values.
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online