US Scholarships & Financial Aid Army Medical Scholarships Get financial support and other incentives to help you navigate the unique and challenging opportunities of medical school and serve on the Army Medical team.\
US Scholarships & Financial Aid Army Medical Scholarships
The HPSP Will Cover Your Full Tuition
The Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP) is one of the most comprehensive scholarships available in the health care field, covering your full tuition for an advanced medical degree while also providing you with a monthly stipend.
This program could be for you if you are pursuing a career in one of these fields:
- Medical (including Osteopathy)
- Counseling and Clinical Psychology
HPSP provides you with:
- Full tuition for up to four years, depending on specialty
- Funding for books, equipment, and other school fees
- Monthly stipend of $2,000+ plus a monthly allowance for food and housing
- Up to a $20,000 sign-on bonus, plus Officer’s pay during school breaks
- Salary increases with promotions, time in service, and cost-of-living adjustments
Requirements for HPSP:
- U.S. citizenship
- Active duty status in the Army
- Qualification as a commissioned Officer
- In progress or completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited school
- Acceptance to or enrollment in an accredited graduate, doctoral, or medical school program in the U.S. or Puerto Rico
- Full-time student status during the length of the program
Support Yourself During Residency With a Monthly Stipend
Get a monthly stipend while in residency with the Specialized Training Assistance Program (STRAP), in exchange for serving in the Army Reserve.
This program could be for you if you are currently in residency in one of these fields:
STRAP provides you with:
- Monthly stipend of $2,000+
Requirements for STRAP:
- Commitment to join the Army Reserve and serve when needed
- Current enrollment in an accredited residency program as a physician, oral surgeon, prosthodontics dentist, or comprehensive dentist
The Financial Assistance Program (FAP) provides yearly grants and monthly stipends to applicants.
- Counseling and Clinical Psychology
FAP provides you with:
- An annual grant of up to $45K
- A monthly stipend of $2K+
- A sign-on bonus
Requirements for FAP:
- Commitment to serve active duty in the Army after finishing your education
Let the Army Pay Back Your Student Loans
If you took out loans to pay for your health care education, the Army could pay them back as part of the Health Professions Loan Repayment Program.
This program could be for you if you are in one of these fields:
This program provides you with:
- Up to $250,000 in repayment of a qualifying loan, paid back to the lending institution, depending on the medical specialty and Army status
- Active duty or Army Reserve status in the Army, depending on specialty
Whether you want to enlist in the U.S. Army or you’re interested in a ROTC scholarship opportunity,
when you’re ready to take the next step, the online application will help you get started.
Many paths to make a difference
Become an enlisted Soldier
Enlisted Soldiers are the backbone of the Army. The enlistment process begins your career as an enlisted Soldier in the Active Army or Army Reserve. Filling out the application is not a commitment to serve. A recruiter will contact you once you submit your application.
Army ROTC Four-Year High School Scholarship
If you’re in high school and looking for help with college tuition, the Army ROTC Four-Year High School Scholarship could be right for you. With it, you can attend college, train to be a leader and earn a commission as an Army Officer upon graduation.
OTC Green to Gold Scholarship
If you are currently an enlisted Soldier, you can earn a commission through the ROTC Green to Gold Scholarship program. Scholarships are awarded for two, three and four years, and you can enroll in the program even if you are already attending school.
Join the JAG Corps
The JAG Corps provides you the opportunity to study law, earn a law degree, and become an Officer. Fill out an application for the active duty, Army Reserve, or summer intern program by clicking the following link.