Government Relations & Business Development Officer at Sahara Group Sahara Group is a significant multinational energy and infrastructure company that has operations in over 38 countries across Africa, the Middle East, Europe, and Asia. Sahara Group was founded in 1974 and is headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Across the whole spectrum of global business, we have been pioneers and disruptors for the past three decades, breaking ground and challenging stereotypes.
Our most powerful drivers of expansion are the women and men who contribute to the success of our business.
We are looking for candidates to fill the following position:
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Government Relations & Business Development Officer
Job Identification: 19
Location: Ijora, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
What you’ll do:
- Build and manage professional relationships with all existing customers, prospective customers, governmental agencies/bodies and other stakeholders.
- Oversee the process of statutory documentation and regulatory oil & gas license renewals with government agencies.
- Research and monitor government activities that could affect the organisation’s business and clients
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the key customers/target audience to ensure that their needs are being met and that their business is retained.
- Promote Asharami’s products/services to address and predict clients’ objectives
- Collaborate with sales & marketing team to ensure requirements are met, such as sales numbers and profit goals.
- Maintain a strong ethical relationship between Asharami and relevant institutions/ bodies with a view to ensure the long-term viability of the business.
- Maintain effective corporate relationship with key stakeholders at the Federal, State and Local Government level.
- Stay abreast of recent industry trends and seek opportunities that exist with government agencies
- Provide support and advise leadership team in identifying and resolving issues with the relevant stakeholders
- Perform Adhoc duties as advised by the company.
- A University Degree in a Social Science course (Business Administration, Marketing etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of cognate working experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of the South-west’s (excluding Lagos) lubricants market.
Your Personal Attributes:
- Intrinsically motivated;
- Results – oriented and pragmatic with exceptional problem solving and decision making skills;
- Top-notch networking and negotiation skills
- Emotionally intelligent and team player with an international outlook
- Excellent and precise communication & presentation skills;
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to deliver results with low levels of supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills, time management and planning skills
- Fluency in Hausa Language
- Customer-centric and good leadership skills
- Confidence and discretion
- A team player with an international outlook.
Application Closing Date
23rd October 2022; 13:54
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online