Risk & Compliance Officer at Sahara Group -2022 Sahara Group is a significant multinational energy and infrastructure company that has operations in over 38 countries across Africa, the Middle East, Europe, and Asia. Sahara Group was founded in 1974 and is headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Across the whole spectrum of global business, we have been pioneers and disruptors for the past three decades, breaking ground and challenging stereotypes.
Risk & Compliance Officer at Sahara Group -2022
Our most powerful drivers of expansion are the women and men who contribute to the success of our business.
We are looking for candidates to fill the following position:
Job Title: Risk & Compliance Officer
Job Identification: 31
Location: Ijora, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
- Develop risk management framework, strategies and conduct company-wide and project specific risk assessments.
- Manage the documentation and evaluation of organization processes, reporting findings back to management regarding possible improvements and corrections.
- Ensure adequacy of business and asset Insurance covers and make business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for any negative events.
- Develop framework for the standardization of all processes and ensure appropriate monitoring and follow up on key initiatives.
- Implement efficient internal control processes and regulatory compliance.
- Tax and Regulatory Affairs – Ensure all tax and regulatory filings are made promptly.
- Provide regular periodic assessment reports to executive management, with recommendations on processes to strengthen internal controls, including memoranda on audit tests and findings
- Collaborate with the Credit committee to ensure Credit control (Receivables, staff float outstanding).
- Monitor the asset disposal bidding process.
- Reviewing the Fixed assets register from time to time, physical asset count exercise.
- Supervise quarterly physical stock count for all locations
- Investigate any issue as may be required by the Management.
- A University Degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 3 years work experience (Post NYSC)
- A professional accounting certification (i.e. ACA, ACCA, CFA or CIMA)
- A professional certification in Risk Management will be an added advantage
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Analytical skills and a good eye for detail.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Planning and organizing skills;
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence people;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Numerical skills and the ability to evaluate costs;
- Ability to understand broad business issues.
- Leadership skills and Understanding of Enterprise Risk Management
- Understanding of current global trends in risk management.
- Conversant with all relevant financial laws and external regulations as well as audit standards and best practices.
- Demonstrate a pro-active ability to accurately identify problems and risks to systematically and logically analyse information and propose solutions
Application Closing Date
23rd October 2022; 13:54
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online