Jobs- Employee Relations Manager at Egbin Power Plc Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of Nigeria’s most significant additions to the energy business. It was developed to accommodate the ever-increasing need for electricity in Lagos and its environs, and is often regarded as the largest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa.
During the nation’s privatization effort, Sahara purchased the 1320 Megawatt installed capacity Egbin Power Station through its power division, Sahara Power Group, and various affiliations. For the next five years, we want to deploy at least 5,000 MW of energy producing capacity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Employee Relations Manager
- Ensure employees are engaged through impactful employee engagement and welfare programmes
- And Support HR Operations unit in the drive to implement and manage employee-related activities to maintain an effective workforce, with a strong willingness to contribute to the success of the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the implementation and management of employee relations activities to maintain a motivated workforce
- Ensure availability of and access to relevant policy manual across the company and provide clarification as required
- Provide appropriate guidance to HR Representatives deployed to specific departments/sections and ensure employees’ needs are adequately met within the boundaries of Egbin Power Plc.’s policy provisions
- Develop effective employee engagement initiatives and ensure all employees are engaged
- Oversee periodic employee communication and approve the use of relevant channels such as company meetings, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, etc.
- Develop and oversee the employee welfare initiatives
- Stay abreast of changes to industrial regulations/employee requirements and obtain approval for appropriate changes
- Provide periodic reports on the activities and performance as its relations to employee relations for submission to Section Head, HR Operations
- Prepare budget inputs and contribute to the preparation of the budget
- Coach, mentor and conduct performance appraisal for subordinates on a timely basis
- Approve expenditure within limits of approval
- Conduct performance review of subordinates.
- Prepare periodic report for the attention of the Head HR Operations/ Chief Human Resources Officer
- Perform other duties as assigned by Chief Human Resources Officer.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in humanities, Social Science, or relevant discipline from an accredited/ reputable university
- Professional qualification in HR Management e.g. Senior Professional in HR (SPHR), SHRM, Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant work experience with at least three (3) years in managerial role
- A master’s Degree a plus.
Jobs- Employee Relations Manager at Egbin Power Plc
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge and understanding of key HR process areas and their linkages.
- Sound knowledge of relevant applications to support HR operations
- Good administration and organizational skills
- Solid understanding of data analysis, and budgeting
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suites such as power point, excel and word etc
- Outstanding collaboration skills
- Good appreciation of change management processes
- Working knowledge of any HR cloud-based software is required
- Strong understanding of leading HR practices and industry trends
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
- Good business writing skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2023.